Friday, September 16, 2016

Praying Specifically

I've been praying specifically and expectantly recently as I see so often a lack of faith in the way I pray. God is so much bigger than my prayers sometimes indicate.
In regards to the adoption, one area that I have been praying about is the possibility of traveling to China over Christmas to bring home my yet to be identified daughter.
Traveling over Christmas, while not desirable for many families, would be so cool for us. You see, with both Dennis and Mom gone, Christmas is very different and frankly, it is hard. So much of what made our family traditions, passed away with them. So, something totally different is very appealing. In addition, it would mean Brooklyn would miss far less school for the trip.
However, we do have 3 furry family members and getting a house sitter or a kennel at that time of year is impossible. On a fluke, I called the kennel we use to see if they had anything open for the days we are on school break. The girl who answered did not think they did but checked anyway. Guess what was the one kennel they had open - a double dog one for our dogs to share and a kitty condo too. And, to make it even better, I can cancel up to 14 days prior with no penalty.
Will I use it for the China trip? I don't know but that is what I am praying for.
Prayer List:
1. A match to come through in the next few weeks. This would make it possible to send a care package with the team heading to China in October.
2. Travel over Christmas.
3. $20,000 to cover the rest of the costs of the adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment