Friday, September 30, 2016

Care Package

In a week the Gladney team will be heading to China to visit the children in their partner orphanages. They won't be at the orphanage of the little girl I am adopting but are going to take a care package for her. Their in country representative will keep it until China has processed her paperwork and said yes to our match. He will then send it to her at the orphanage. Brooklyn and I had fun shopping for the items that are in it but the most important item is the photo album that will introduce her to us.
Please pray for the team as they travel. Also, continue to pray that paperwork and approvals come in a timely manner.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I Said Yes

Waiting - if you are ever involved in an adoption, waiting is something you do a lot. I'm doing it again.
In regards to the little girl whose file I reviewed last week; my response - YES! So now I'm waiting. Her file is going through processing in China and will be ready in 2-3 months. Then I can officially submit my request to be her Mommy. China will most likely take a few weeks to say "yes" to my request and then a few more steps with immigration in the US and China before I can travel. Brooklyn and I will travel to China to get her after all of that is done. We are thinking it will most likely be late winter or early spring.
I can't share pictures until China says yes so you will have to wait awhile. However, the little girl who keeps repeating the English words in the video below, that Gladney posted on their website, is becoming very special to me. I have watched this video a lot recently. ;)
Please pray for
1. rapid processing of all steps of the paperwork
2. for China to say yes
3. for the finances I need to complete the adoption (
4. for patience along the way

Friday, September 23, 2016

A Video

OK, so Gladney, my agency, just posts the cutest kids on their FB page - OK. ;) OK Check out the little girl in this video who keeps saying the English words. OK. ;)
Had a chance to talk with the staff at Gladney today. The file of the little girl I am considering will take months before I can offically ask China if I can be her Mommy. Please pray for the processing to go smoothly and quickly. OK

I Want to be Her Mommy

Update on the file I am reviewing.
The file I reviewed yesterday has some processing steps in China to complete. It needs approval from the province and from the CCCWA (China's adoption governing agency). This will most likely take a few months at best. At that point, Gladney will be able to submit my request to be matched with her. From that point, it will take another 3 months or so until I travel. So, most likely we are looking at early spring.
This presents a huge prayer request, my home study is good for one year which will end in mid-April. I need to have finished the adoption by then. An update is possible but the agency who did the home study went out of business so it makes getting an update a bit more complicated. Please pray for fast handling of paperwork now and in the steps after approval.
All of that to say, yes, I want to be her Mommy.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Finally - A File is Here

I can't say much at this point beyond that I have a file of a little girl I am reviewing. Pray for the process and for wisdom.
I have been at peace for a long time that the file Gladney would present to me was my daughter. I am really not stressed at all over this. I can't wait to see what God is going to do in all of this.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Waiting on a File

Gladney, my adoption agency, is waiting for a file of the little girl they hope will be a good match for me. The file is currently being translated so they should receive it very soon. Will you please pray that it comes through this week? China has a major holiday the first week of October. Basically everyone there is not working that week. The good news is that often people will try to clear out their work before the holiday. Please pray the file gets completed and sent to Gladney before the holiday.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Praying Specifically

I've been praying specifically and expectantly recently as I see so often a lack of faith in the way I pray. God is so much bigger than my prayers sometimes indicate.
In regards to the adoption, one area that I have been praying about is the possibility of traveling to China over Christmas to bring home my yet to be identified daughter.
Traveling over Christmas, while not desirable for many families, would be so cool for us. You see, with both Dennis and Mom gone, Christmas is very different and frankly, it is hard. So much of what made our family traditions, passed away with them. So, something totally different is very appealing. In addition, it would mean Brooklyn would miss far less school for the trip.
However, we do have 3 furry family members and getting a house sitter or a kennel at that time of year is impossible. On a fluke, I called the kennel we use to see if they had anything open for the days we are on school break. The girl who answered did not think they did but checked anyway. Guess what was the one kennel they had open - a double dog one for our dogs to share and a kitty condo too. And, to make it even better, I can cancel up to 14 days prior with no penalty.
Will I use it for the China trip? I don't know but that is what I am praying for.
Prayer List:
1. A match to come through in the next few weeks. This would make it possible to send a care package with the team heading to China in October.
2. Travel over Christmas.
3. $20,000 to cover the rest of the costs of the adoption.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Please Help

As many of you know, I am adopting. The cost of adopting is high but the reward is great. Will you partner with me in giving my daughter a family? All donations given through the site below are tax deductible. I need approximately $20,000 at this point to cover agency fees, in-country fees and travel expenses. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

It's Killing Me

Waiting for a match is going to kill me I'm sure - at least that is how I feel today. Most days I am doing OK. Each day past is one day closer to seeing her face. Still hoping for a match very soon so I'll be able to send a care package with the team in early October.
I'd love to be able to travel over Christmas but that too requires a match soon. I actually booked a kennel for the pets for Christmas. I was shocked they still had an opening. The good news is I can cancel up to 14 days prior. If it turns out that I'm not near to traveling to China at Christmas, Brooklyn and I are planning on getting away and spending the time with some friends. It just feels like we need a different Christmas this year. With both Dennis and Mom gone, Christmas is very different anyway. Hopefully, we'll be using that kennel reservation for our trip to China.
Please pray specifically for the file we are waiting on to come very soon. Also, I need about $20,000 for in country fees and travel expenses. Pray for God's provision in this area as well.