Sunday, August 14, 2016

While I'm Waiting

I feel like I'm endlessly circling the airport, waiting to land.
At this point, all my paperwork is done and reviewed in China and just sitting there waiting. On this side of the ocean, I too am just sitting and waiting. Waiting for THE file to be identified that contains all the information on the little girl who will be my daughter so I can submit my formal request to adopt her.
Why the wait? Because my agency is also waiting, waiting for files to arrive from China about the children they met on their spring trip. Orphanages need to submit a file on each child that is available for adoption. Preparing those files and submitting them takes time.
So, I wait. Most days I wait fairly patiently but other days, I get really tired of waiting. I remind myself then that God has her in His hands and His timing will be right.
In the last year, I have learned a lot about praying specifically and expectantly. For instance, earlier this year I was praying to have my fingerprint appointment come on Tuesday as that was my day off last year. Not only was it on a Tuesday, it was for the exact day and time as some friends so we went to the appointment together. Anyway, there is another specific prayer request I have right now.
My agency staff will be back in China in early October. If I have a match by that point, I will be able to send a small care package with them to give to my daughter. It would include a photo album to introduce her to us and help prepare her for her new family. (Brooklyn still has the album we sent her.) Please pray with me for a match and approval before this trip.
So, I'm waiting.


I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment