Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Immeasurably More

Ephesians 3:20-21New International Version (NIV)
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Several years ago I heard an awesome sermon on this passage and how God does "beyond our beyond" when we ask Him. In other words, we can even begin to think of what He is able to do.
I was reminded of this today when I received the call from our social worker. I'd asked you and some other friends to pray specifically that Molly's file would move out of the province and onto Beijing this week so it could begin the review process on the federal level. I assumed this would take several more months before I could ask to be her mom.
God chose to go "beyond my beyond" and not only was it out of the province, it was also available for me to submit my Letter of Intent asking to be her Mom and even one more "beyond my beyond", a pre-approval from China was issued! God is so amazing.
So what's next you might be asking. Good question - I will be waiting for China's final approval of our match. This could take a few days to a month. Part of determining that could be a letter that they may request. It is already in process but it could take a few weeks for all the approvals. China does not always ask for this letter so you could be praying they don't ask and just approval my request to be Molly's mom.
Once that approval arrives, it will take about 2-3 months for the last of the paperwork to be approved from immigration in the US and China to invite us to come and pick up Molly.
Please pray for the rest of these steps and for Molly's heart to be prepared for becoming part of my family.
I'll be able to share pictures of her as soon as I have China's final approval on the match. She is adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment