Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!

Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match... That is my theme song right now as I wait on a match with the little girl who will be my daughter. My documents are in China and currently being translated. They will then be reviewed and approved. After that they will sit there until a specific child has been matched to me.
Frankly, it is like watching paint dry. Mostly though, I'm patient with the process. I spoke with my agency and they said it could be up to six months before a match but they also said they tend to be very conservative in their estimates. God's timing will be right and I keep reminding myself of that on a regular basis.
Until then, Brooklyn and I have been busy painting and doing things around the house. This week is a huge fundraiser/yard sale. My brother-in-law, Don McEvoy has shouldered much of the work for the sale. It is a sale full of tools, electronics, collectibles, housewares, furniture,... Please pray for good sales and good weather. I have to raise the money for our travel and the fees in China. A good estimate is somewhere around $12,000-$15,000. Those numbers scare me but God will provide.
Thanks for your prayers for me and for the little girl that will be part of my family - all in God's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment