Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Letter to Brooke’s Birth Parents –



I doubt you will ever see this post but at the same time pray that you do.  I hope if you do, that it gives you a sense of peace.

I can’t even begin to imagine what it must have been like to make the decision to give your daughter a chance at life.  You carried her in your womb and then in your arms for months.  How soon did you realize she needed medical intervention to save her life?  I imagine you did everything you could to help her and to attempt to get the care she so desperately needed.  When all other options were exhausted, you chose to leave her where she would be quickly found and taken where she could get help.  Did you wait to see if someone found her?  How your heart must have ached for this beautiful daughter.  Do you still wonder about her?  Imagine what she must look like or what she is doing now?

She got the needed medical attention that your sacrifice provided.  She is now a healthy seven year old.  She spent the first year after you gave her up in the hospital and at an orphanage.  Then she went to live with a foster family.  From what she has told us and from our contact with them, they provided her with a good home.  Last spring she became our daughter.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives.  She is a wonderful little girl who loves her family and her dogs.  She is excelling in school and is a gifted artist. She lights up a room when she enters it.  Her smile is contagious.

So often when I look into her eyes that sparkle as she tells me about her day’s activities, I wonder about you.  I wonder if she has your eyes.  Are you also an artist?  Did your giggle as a child make others happy just hearing it like her giggle does?  Are you a story teller like she is?  

I imagine that you think about her every day.  I wish I could tell you personally that she is ok.  That she is loved.  I will tell her about you and what we know about the circumstances that led to her becoming our daughter.  I think of you often and pray for you too.  I often pray that you will have peace in your heart that the decision you made seven years ago, gave her a chance at life.  Mostly though, I pray that someone will share the love of Christ with you.   

The child we both call our daughter is a priceless gift from God.  We love her deeply and can’t imagine what our lives would be like without her.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment