Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Count Your Blessings – Name them One by One

The old hymn “Count Your Blessings” goes like this: 
When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

I’ll admit that the last several days I have been discouraged.  Yes, the adoption process is moving along as expected but it does seem long sometimes.  The end is around the corner.  We will be in China soon. 
So, why do I need to count my blessings?  Just suffice it to say, I’ve been looking too much at the “have nots” rather than at the blessings God so richly provides. 
Counting my blessings today –
·         For God’s continued provision that exceeds my needs.
·         For the gift of a Savior.
·         For family and friends with whom to celebrate the birth of our Savior this Christmas.
·         For a daughter He formed in her mother’s womb long before we even thought about the possibility of having a family.
·         For my amazing husband and the wonderful leader he is.
·         For three crazy dogs that make my life richer just by being present.
·         For the many people, we have met in person and online, that have taken part in this journey to our daughter. 
What are your blessings this Christmas?  Leave a comment to share them with us.   
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment