Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Just Want to Be Her Mom

Today, I just want to be her Mom.  I want to hold her, talk to her, teach her about life and in every way be her Mom.  It seems like we have been filling out paperwork forever.  Long ago we became parents in our hearts but an ocean, mounds of paperwork and two government bureaucracies keeps us apart. I wonder what she did today?  What did she learn in school?  Does she like her teacher?  Who is her best friend?  I want to share these things with her but for now I have to wait. I can pray for her and trust our heavenly Father to bring her to us at the perfect time He has ordained.  

Yes, there are days when I wonder - what are we doing - but then I am reminded of all the ways God has directed our path.  Each step brings us a little closer to being her parents.  

As you think of us and pray for us, please remember to pray for our daughter too.  She will have so many changes in her life in the next year.

1 comment:

  1. Ellen- I totaaly understand what you are feeling right now. I'll be praying for peace for all 3 of you this week. Can you send her a package? Sometimes it helps me to work on a project--a scrapbook, sewing, or something else connected to my child. Praying every step sppeds you closer to you sweet child!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete